Geany is a text editor using the GTK+ toolkit with basic features of an integrated development environment. It was developed to provide a small and fast IDE, which has only a few dependencies from other packages. It supports many filetypes and has some nice features.
For more details see About.
Latest version is: 1.28
Geany-Plugins 1.28 released!
We are happy to announce a new version of the combined Geany-Plugins
release -- right after Geany 1.28, Geany-Plugins 1.28 has been released.
Here are some of the most prominent news.
- Improve GTK3 for several plugins (Quentin Glidic).
- Rename plugin GeanySendMail to SendMail (Frank Lanitz).
- Update translations: de, fr, pt, tr.
- Improve listing tasks containing comments (Quentin Glidic).
- Fix a crash in the PairTagHighlighter plugin
when the tag name is missing (Colomban Wendling).
- Fix several memory leaks in the PrettyPrinter plugin
- Include Scope plugin in the Windows installer (Colomban Wendling).
A more complete list of changes can be found in the NEWS file
As usual, you can find source tarballs and Windows installer for the new
release on plugins.geany.org.
A huge thanks to everybody contributing to this great release.
We are happy to announce a new release of Geany!
For a comprehensive list of changes please see Release Notes. A very detailed and complete list of changes can be found in the ChangeLog.
- Improve support for GTK 3.20.
- Fix type name coloring when types change (Jiří Techet).
- Fix undo of line end type change (Jiří Techet).
- Update Scintilla to version 3.6.6.
- Improve Goto Symbol popup contents (Jiří Techet).
- Treat .h headers as C++ by default (Jiří Techet).
- Improve symbols for Ruby.
- Update translations: ca, de, el, es, fr, it, ja, lt, pt, ru, sk, tr, zh_CN.
We want to thank all developers, translators and everyone who contributed to this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so on. Thank you!
As usual, all downloads can be found on Releases.
Geany-Plugins 1.27 released!
We are happy to announce a new version of the combined Geany-Plugins release -- right after Geany 1.27, Geany-Plugins 1.27 has been released.
There have been a lot of changes, but here are some of the most prominent or noteworthy ones.
- Dropped build support via Waf -- please use Autotools instead
- Improve building on Windows a lot and so ship more plugins with installer for Windows
- New plugin LineOperations
- Debugger: Fix many memory leaks and potential crashes
- Debugger: Fix handling of non-ASCII characters in file names
- Debugger: Speed up stack trace display on large traces
- Debugger: Report the signal name when the process received one
- GeanyPy: Add keybinding support for Python plugins
- GeniusPaste: Make pastebins configurable via configuration files, adding support for user-defined pastebins
- GeniusPaste: Add configurations for fpaste.org and paste.debian.net
- ProjectOrganizer: Use the term "symbol" instead of "tag"
- Spellcheck: Improve detection of English contractions and other use of single quotes
- i18n/l10n: Update of translations for de, fr, pt, ru
A more complete list of changes can be found in the NEWS file.
As usual, you can find source tarballs and Windows installer for the new release on plugins.geany.org.