Geany 0.16 (February 15, 2009)
- Fix indenting for Tabs & Spaces mode when inserting snippets.
Fix snippets and smart indent using too much indentation when the line contains whitespace after non-whitespace characters (#2215044).
Fix segfault when showing Find in Files dialog when no documents are open (#2228544).
Fix not switching to 2nd last used document when the last used document has been closed (#1945162).
Group child tags by their parents in the symbol list for C-like filetypes, Python, Conf (thanks to Conrad Steenberg).
Use a tree for the Documents sidebar, grouped by path.
- Add 'Tools->Configuration Files' menu with items to open filetype_extensions.conf and ignore.tags. These files are also
reloaded automatically when saved.
Change configuration directory path to $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/geany (most often this is ~/.config/geany).
Allow to specify files on the command line and from remote instances to be URIs (local and with GIO also remote URIs).
Increase minimum required GTK version to 2.8.
- Add Project Indentation prefs, which override the Editor Preferences dialog options. For new projects, these default to
the editor indent prefs.
Add an interface pref for whether to hide additional widgets when double-clicking on document notebook tabs (off by default).
Add a preference to invert all colours for syntax highlighting.
- Add a hidden preference "allow_always_save" to make the Save buttons and menu items always sensitive.
Rework the toolbar: now all elements can be added/removed/reordered using a simple XML file.
Add new toolbar buttons for Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Preferences, Close All and Build (including a submenu for Make actions).
Add a progressbar widget to the statusbar to show progress for time consuming actions.
- Make Ctrl-click go to matching brace if there's no current word.
- Make Shift+Mouse wheel scroll the editor view horizontally.
Make the 'Mark' button for Find highlight the results with rounded boxes instead of marking the whole line.
Add auto-closing of braces, brackets and quotes (Guillaume de Rorthais).
- Support multiple %cursor% wildcards in Snippets (Thomas Martitz).
- Add new filetypes Ada, CMake, Matlab, NSIS, Vala and YAML.
- Update HTML character entities (thanks to Tyler D'Agosta).
Parse restructuredText sections in the order of first-used underline character, which can now be any punctuation character (as per the spec).
Remove GTK global tags, replace them with C (C99) tags. The GTK tags file is still available for download on the website.
Minor improvements for filetypes CSS, Fortran, FreeBasic, HTML, Tcl and Vala.
- Improve tab close icon size.
- Changes to the Windows installer: - The full installer now includes the GTK 2.14 runtime environment.
- Register ".geany" as Geany Project File extension.
- Install GTK translation files only if installation of translation
files were requested (saves about 22 MB otherwise).
- Support silent installations.
- Add Split Window 'Split Vertically' command (thanks to Moritz Barsnick).
Make Version Diff plugin set the indent type for diffs based on the current file's indent type.
Minor improvements to the filebrowser plugin
Generate plugin API header geanyfunctions.h containing macros to avoid having to type the function pointer names manually.
Deprecate pluginmacros.h in favour of geanyfunctions.h.
- Add "editor-notify" to the plugin API.
- Add new plugin symbol plugin_help() which is called by Geany when the plugin should show its documentation (if any, symbol is optional).
- Update Scintilla regular expression info for v1.77 (character classes, ASCII escaping, character sets containing square
brackets peculiarities). Adapted from SciTE doc.
- Complete 'Hello World' Plugin Howto.
- Updated translations: bg, ca, cs, de, en_GB, fr, hu, it, ja, pt_BR, sv, ru, tr, vi, zh_CN