After another long delay, we are finally happy to announce a new release of Geany!
For a comprehensive list of changes please see Release Notes. A very detailed and complete list of changes can be found in the ChangeLog.
- Fix spawning programs on Windows (for real this time!, Dimitar Zhekov).
- Use native Windows quoting rules for commands on Windows.
- Fix and improve MacOS X support (Jiří Techet).
- Show document-related dialogs embedded in the main window ("info bars") (Matthew Brush and Thomas Martitz).
- Huge tag management performance improvement (auto-completion, calltips, etc.) (Jiří Techet).
- Update Scintilla to 3.5.6.
- GTK3 support, while not enabled by default, is now considered stable.
- Add support for single-line regular expressions.
- Add filetypes CoffeScript (Mark Dresselhaus), JSON, Zephir.
- Update translations: be, ca, cs, de, el, es, fr, id, it, ja, nl, pl, pt_BR, pt, ru, sl, sr, sv, zh_CN.
We want to thank all developers, translators and everyone who contributed to this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so on. Thank you!
As usual, all downloads can be found on Releases. But this time you'll also find a MacOS X DMG, thanks to Jiří Techet!
Additionally, to try and avoid another long delay before the next version, we decided to try and embrace a time-based 4 months release schedule. If we can stick to it, next release should come out around November 15.